To start, the app simply requires the user to add their favorite contacts by selecting and importing Phone Contacts, or simply add new numbers. There is no mass import of the entire phone book since it is meant to be an app for small regular circle of friends and families.
To stay true at having a simplistic user experience, there are only two main screens for the user's day-to-day usage, i.e. the primary contact list and a second dial screen for one-to-one interaction with the selected contact.
1. An "Advance User Mode" in Setting - a care giver mode where he/she can send a contact to the recipient who can than easily add it to her/his contact list with just a click of a button from the popup window.
2. Though not meant to be a SMS app or reader, I had added the ability for the user to read the last SMS received from the contact. Message will be automatically deleted after 1 week.
3. Incoming SMS alert popup - the user is given two buttons to call the sender or pick a quick message for reply to sender.
4. Contact can now be marked as "favourite" to stay at the top of contact list.
5. A map view is available now for viewing location received. It can only work between PPTalk to PPTalk users.
Key features of the app:
- Simple contact lists with profile picture, large icon and name.
- When the contact is selected, the user will be presented a single pictorial dialing screen with phone icons representing mobile, home or work numbers. Those not available will be gray-out and not clickable.
- A quick message icon helps the user to quickly send one of the 8 pre-set messages (SMS), provided the other party has a mobile number in the contact list. The 8 pre-set messages can be changed in according to the user's preference.
- A location icon detects the user 's current position in longitude and latitude. If there is data plan (such as WiFi, 3G, LTE, etc) an address will be displayed too if found. This feature can be turn-off from the Settings screen. The location can then be send to another PPTalk user, which the recipient will be able to view the location map.
-Missed calls will show up against the contact list, along with date and time of the last missed call. Upon entering the dialing screen, the indicator will be cleared. It will also display the last missed call was either from mobile, home or work number.
- Please visit the Settings for a few customization to suit your taste, such as “Tap” phone icon to call or “Press and Long Hold" to call.
- Advance Use Mode, now include ability to search and save location or send to contact.
- Added recently, a very simple manual phone dialer keypad for ease of dialing.
- REMEMBER TO UNLOCK by clicking the LOCK icon to access the menu bar, as I want the menu to be out of the way for the user during normal use.
- As this is an hobby project, testing is limited to my Samsung Galaxy S2, Galaxy Note 2 and XiaoMi RedMi2.
- Currently, it does not support Tablet phone.
- It is not a short messaging app (eg. WhatsApp), though it can send limited SMS phrases.
- It only supports Android Ice Cream Sandwich version 4.03 and above. It will not work in lower version.
- With the help from friends, the version currently provides language support for English, Simplified Chinese, Korean and Thai. However, the help messages are onlyl in English only. This is a very simple app and help is really unnecessary.
- I appreciate any constructive feedback and suggestion.
THANK YOU and hope you enjoy this app.
Korean language - Vanessa Hur
Thai language - Pakdee Makejumroen
Icons - http://www.1001FreeDownloads.com
This app has access to :