$0 Fun science: The human body
Virus Free No Ads
The most pleasant and effective way to teach children how the human body works
by Dr Fanou an e-learning researcher
More than 80 screens/pages long
Intended for ages 6 - 12
Appropriate for both school and home learning
Can be included as part of science in grades 1,2,3,4 or 5
Full paid version available, in Play store search for Goovoocleo
This is a free demo version with only some of the chapters. There is a paid version with all the chapters. The paid version can be found here:
It is about the story of Stefanie who wants to have a career in medicine when she grows up. Stefanie starts learning how the human body works and how to be healthy. Users learn by following the story of Stefanie. This app does not have the feel of a pure science book. It uses a technique of teaching science which incorporates storytelling. The fictional aspect of the app which involves the story of Stefanie appeals to children's feelings making the title more attractive and entertaining. The app addresses both the emotions and intellect of a child.
The title teaches anatomy and how to keep healthy in a very pleasant way and without presenting unattractive images of the internals of the human body. On each screen children can hear sounds, discover videos, animations, and attractive images. This compels them to go through all the screens in order to discover and at the same time learn in an enjoyable way.
To make learning interesting, fun and effective the app uses:
• Videos of Stefanie role playing and demonstrating ideas
• Animations which visualize concepts making them easier to understand
• Attractive graphics
• Voice over
This title is:
• A serious educational resource for the home or an educational institution
• Developed by Dr Fanou an e-learning researcher, with the suggestions of children of the targeted age group
• Designed by children for other children (child-to-child design)
• Tested by children of the targeted age group
• Offers quality educational content of some length typical of a book
• Uses effective and research proven e-learning pedagogy
• The material is presented in a non-confusing fashion appropriate for children
• Contains video, animation and interactivity at the proper places and the correct quantity to engage rather than distract a child
• Uses vector graphics which do not lose their quality on any size screen
Dr. S. Fanou holds a BA degree in Interactive Arts and Media from Columbia College in Chicago, USA. A masters degree in Informatics from the University of Edinburgh, UK, and a PhD from the University of the West of England, UK. He has conducted research in e-learning and software accessibility. Dr. Fanou has more than ten years experience in the fields of e-learning, software engineering and computing.
This is a free DEMO version which contains less chapters. There is also a paid version which has all the chapters. The paid version can be found here:
If you search for 'Goovoocleo' in the Play Store the search results should display both the free and paid versions of the app.
Thank you for your support, it will help us develop similar good quality apps.
goovoocleo of learning