Are you going for a long trip and you want to make your relatives aware of your location or do you want to know where are your kids? Certainly Device Tracker can offer many more use cases.
Device Tracker application offers location tracking functionality between two android devices.
App can run in two modes:
- Location Transmitter
- Location Receiver (one device can receive multiple device locations from v2.0)
Device Tracker Features:
- Displays last known location of configured tracked devices:
Coordinates, Time of last device visibility, Address (if available), Battery level
- Shows all configured devices on map
- Tracked device transmits its location every 20 minutes and if device enters low battery state then the updates will be sent every 45 minutes to minimize battery drain
- User can add up to 5 devices and receives their locations
- Send tracked device location via email or other messaging apps installed on phone
- Parental Lock which can lock the settings so user cannot switch off the tracking mode
- Supports Phones & Tablets
- Supported devices with OS Jelly Bean+
Get Started with Device Tracker:
1) Launch the app and go to Settings
2) Set the unique tracking ID in "remote" device.
3) Switch ON tracking mode
Note: You can enable parental lock by taping on padlock icon in bottom right corner.
Device starts transmitting its location once the tracking mode is ON every 20 minutes or 45 minutes on lower battery levels if there is live connection to internet
4) Set up the second device which will act as a receiver - Launch Device Tracker and go to Settings
5) Configure Tracked Device in "List of Tracked Devices" which corresponds to Tracking ID from step 2) and fill the friendly name for the tracked device
6) Now you are all set and if you go back to main screen you should receive remote device location shortly. If not press refresh button
Note: You can configure up to 5 devices in "List of Tracked Devices". To delete row in List of Tracked Devices you have to swipe right on the specific row
**Device Tracker doesn't record nor sends any user sensitive data!**
** ENGLISH, GERMAN and CZECH local ***