This application was born as a simple exercise to learn how to develop Android native applications using the latest Android APIs.
Weather forecast informations are provided by OpenWeather Map or by Dark Sky (new name for the old forecast.io), based on the application settings.
For searching locations and downloading background images I've used Google Search Places APIs.
Map informations come from an OpenWeather Map API that provides overlay tiles to Google Maps.
I only have mixed up all this stuffs into a simple application that you'll find perfect for a daily use
In this version:
- Weather forecast based with your location (if GPS is enabled).
- Choice your preferred provider between DarkSky and OpenWeather Map
- Possibility of searching localities by google search Palces.
- Optimized for phones and tablet also.
- World Maps situation for viewing Precipitation, Clouds, Temperature and Pressure by OpenWeather Map API.
- Possibility of settings preferred localities for fast syncronization and research.
- Syncronization in background for the preferred localities.
- Notification for preferred localities when data are syncronized.
- Imperials and metrics units data.