Virus Free No Ads
bankTester will also obtain certain information about the bank’s support of Direct Connect. This includes the following:
• Signup information: how to enable Direct Connect for your accounts.
• Bank’s name
• Bank’s address
• Customer and technical support phone numbers
• Email address
• URL for Direct Connect
If the financial institution has checking, savings or credit card accounts the following information will be shown:
• Support download of account balances
• Support download of intrabank transfers
If the financial institution has investment accounts the following information will be shown:
• Support download of transactions
• Support download of open orders
• Support download of positions
• Support download of balances
If the financial institution supports online bill payments the following information will be shown:
• Numbers of days money is “frozen” before due date when paying by paper check
• Numbers of days money is “frozen” before due date when paying online
• Number of days that processed transactions are available to query
The bank list that is used by bankTester and bankDash apps can be found at www.ofxhome.com. However, just because the bank appears in the list does not mean it will work. bankTester verifies that it will work.
bankTester connects to your bank, not to your accounts. Meaning that even though bankTester successfully connected to your bank you still might not be able to download your financial information until you enable access through your bank. Each bank has different procedures for enabling downloads. Also, some banks charge to use this service. This charge only applies if you are downloading information from your accounts, not for using bankTester. So before you use a PFM for the first time, like bankDash or others, it is best to contact your bank for the download activation procedures and to see if there is a cost. If you already use PFM software with your bank you most likely do not need to do anything to use bankDash or other PFM apps.
bankTester does not connect to your accounts. So it does not request nor store any personal information. bankTester uses a generic id to connect to the banks. Not all banks support this generic id. If they don’t bankTester will fail in its connections and you may get an error message saying something like “Invalid ID”.