Virus Free No Ads
Of course it can time more things than cooking.
Requires few permissions.
No network access. No ads. No data gathering.
Simple and focused.
• Android 5.0+ (Lollipop+): While BBQ Timer is running or paused, you can operate it from the lock screen and the pull-down notification. If the Timer is stopped, just tap the Pause or Play button within the app, or the Play button in the home screen widget, or the timer text in either place.
• On Android 4.2 Jelly Bean to 4.4 KitKat, place the BBQ Timer widget on your lock screen for quick access.
• The widget also works on the home screen.
• To stretch out the widget to show longer durations, long-press it then drag its resize handles.
• To remove the widget, long-press it then drag it onto “X Remove”.
• Tap the stopwatch time display to cycle between stopped → running → paused → stopped.
• Within the app, tap the checkbox to turn periodic reminder alarms on/off.
To put a widget on your lock screen (Android 4.2 to 4.4)
1. On Android 4.4, first enable Settings → Security → Enable Widgets.
2. Wake the screen.
3. Swipe from the left edge of the lock screen to the right until you get the “+” screen.
4. Tap “+”.
5. Unlock the phone.
6. Tap the BBQ Timer widget.
7. (Optional) Drag lock screen widgets left/right to rearrange them.
Source code: https://github.com/1fish2/BBQTimer
Keywords: BBQ, cooking, interval timer, lock screen widget, reminder alarm, stopwatch.