Birthday Reminder Generator
Virus Free No Ads
What this program do?
1. This program scan your contacts from phonebook for birthdays.
The contacts are displayed alphabetically on a list with:
- contact photo;
- contact name;
- birthday, you can change the date format from settings, property "Display date format", default format is Year-Month-Day "yyyy-MM-dd", you can use MM/dd/yyyy or others, google for: "java SimpleDateFormat Patterns".
See more format information: http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/text/SimpleDateFormat.html
2. With this application you can add, edit and remove birthday information to a contact.
3. You can generate a reminder on your favorite calendar based on the settings made. Firstly you should select one from settings, "Select calendar for reminders".
See available reminder properties on the settings menu.
4. You can import generated reminders with previous versions, for this process the reminders titles should match with title generated by the previous versions. Check first the "Reminder title format" from settings, the title should contain the %s character where, dynamically is inserted the contact name.
The %s character used on the "Reminder title format" and "Reminder description format" is replaced with the each contact name when the reminders are inserted on the calendar.
Note: This application is not a service, the reminders should be notified by your favorite calendar service! So you should not worry about the RAM memory consumed by this application because you can close it after each use.
The application was tested only with google contacts and calendars.
- When is started the application is loading all your available contacts, but the birthdays and images are loaded in background and appear when are loaded in this time this application could become lagging.
The sources of this application are stored at: https://github.com/ciubex/brgen .
I'm a simple Java developer with some basic Android knowledge. I made this application for my own proposes and I want to share with other users.
Unfortunately I don't have knowledge or money to make translations for other languages.
Thank you for your support and feedback!