Bria Mobile for Android is the latest addition to CounterPath Corporation's line of award-winning SIP-based softphones. Now available on a subscription basis, this new edition includes all of the features of the Bria Android Softphone and Tablet editions combined into a single product. Try it for 7 days free.
As the market leader of desktop and mobile VoIP software products and solutions, CounterPath has been able to create this new subscription product that combines all of our paid add-ins including 720p Video Calling, G.729 and other Wideband Codecs, Presence and Instant Messaging, plus new backgrounding support via our Bria Push Service.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Bria Mobile is a standalone softphone subscription and not a VoIP service. A SIP server or subscription with a SIP-based VoIP provider is required to make calls. See https://www.counterpath.com/itsp-partner-program/?tab=itsp_certified_partners to see some of the many providers that support Bria Mobile.
• Highly secure, SIP-based softphone with exceptional voice quality
• Pre-defined VoIP provider list available when adding new accounts
• Multitasking support for background operation, such as fielding incoming calls while using other applications and Push Support
• HD audio codecs including G.722, Opus and SILK
• Video in 720p HD when using H.264 or VP8 on supported devices
• Supported accessories include headsets, headphones, as well as other Bluetooth™ devices
• Available in the following languages: English, Chinese, French, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, German and Spanish.
• IPv4 and IPv6 support, including NAT64.
STANDARD PHONE FEATURES
• Messaging and Presence – with XMPP & SIP SIMPLE support
• Up to 720p Video Calls – using H.264 & VP8 video codecs.
• Multiple account support for up to 25 accounts on any SIP-compliant server
• Contact List and Contact Favorites leveraging the device’s native contact directory
• Call display and voicemail indicator
• Speakerphone, mute and hold functions
• Call history with a list of received, missed and dialed calls
• Call recording
• Ringtones and contact avatars
• Dial plan support
• Multiple call support – swap between two active calls, merge & split calls, transfer calls (attended and unattended)
• Audio codecs include G.711a/u, G.722(HD), G.729, GSM, Opus and SILK
• Automatic codec selection to ensure optimal call quality
• Support for DTMF: the ability to enter numbers to use an auto attendant via RFC 2833, SIP INFO and in-band
• VPN support
• Advanced settings that enable users to control network traversal and media options
• Security and encryption via TLS and SRTP
• DNS SRV record lookups and call quality statistics
For more information on Bria Mobile for Android features, please visit: http://www.counterpath.com/android-sip-softphone/
IMPORTANT VOIP OVER MOBILE/CELLULAR DATA NOTICE
Some mobile network operators may prohibit or restrict the use of VoIP functionality over their network and may also impose additional fees, or other charges in connection with VoIP. You agree to learn and abide by your cellular carrier's network restrictions. CounterPath Corporation will not be held liable for any charges, fees or liability imposed by your carrier for use of VoIP over Mobile/Cellular Data.
CounterPath's Bria mobile products provide handling designed to redirect emergency calls to the Native Cellular Dialer when possible on a best reasonable commercial efforts basis, however this functionality is also dependent on the operating system of the mobile phone which is outside of our control and subject to change at any time. As a result, the official position of CounterPath is that CounterPath’s Bria product is not intended, designed, or fit for placing, carrying or supporting Emergency Calls. CounterPath will not be liable for any costs or damages arising either directly or indirectly from the use of the software for Emergency Calls.