New World First Bus & Citybus App v3.2 is now available. The new user interface design and the enhanced route search function make it more convenient to search for bus routes, estimated time of arrival (ETA) and timetable.
* Intelligent Route Search
- Display the fastest/ lowest fare/ less walking distance routes at your selected time of travel
- Routeing of different time periods are displayed for precision
* Next Bus Arrival Time Enquiry
- ETA of the next 3 arrivals within 60 minutes are displayed
* User Friendly Bookmark Function
- Locations, route and stop, as well as specified origin and destination can be bookmarked to obtain ETA and perform point-to-point search
* Push notification for Customer Notice
- You will receive push notification when new Customer Notice available on your bookmarked route.
* Instant Traffic News
- Display special traffic news provided by Transport Department
* Nearby Bus Routes Search
- Immediately track your real-time location to show all nearby bus routes
* Bus Stop Navigation
- Equipped with smart navigation functions guiding you to the desired bus stop
* Journey Log Tracker
- Remind you to alight in 2 phases (300m/600m). Present the latest 10 alight reminders in a summary
Continued use of GPS service may reduce battery life
Alight reminders are for reference only
1. Which Routes will provide Estimated bus Arrival Time?
You can use the app to check the ETA of NWFB Rickshaw Sightseeing Bus Route H1, Cityflyer route A10, A11, A12, A21, A22, A29, A29P, NA10, NA11, NA12, NA21, NA29 and Citybus Route 11, 12, 12A, 12M, 25A, 43M, 76, 511, at the selected bus stop in coming up 60 minutes
We are developing a new Next Bus Arrival Time Enquiry System. Service is expected to cover all routes by 2018.
2. Why does the estimated arrival time frequently change?
When the bus is in operation, the Next Bus Arrival Time Enquiry System will calculate and update the estimated arrival time based on the real time position of the bus. Actual arrival time can be affected by traffic conditions, please wait at the bus stop in advance.
3. What is “Scheduled Arrival Time”?
When the bus has not departed from the terminus yet or the bus deployed is not equipped with the Next Bus Arrival Time Enquiry System due to temporary deployment, scheduled arrival time is calculated from timetable and may change subject to operational adjustment where necessary. The scheduled arrival time icon will be displayed in the app for identification.
4. Point-to-Point search: Must specify the departure time to perform route search?
By specifying the departure date, time and preference, the app will display suitable bus routes at your selected travel time.
5. What does the people icon in route details refer to?
When switching on GPS, the people icon is showing your current location if you are on a bus. Otherwise, it represents the bus stop nearest to your current place.
6. Must GPS be turned on to obtain current location and use alight reminder?
You must switch on GPS and keep the app running or in standby mode to obtain current location and use alight reminder.
7. Will the app continue to use GPS information and consume battery life if I do not arrive at the bus stop with alight reminder activated?
No. After activating the journey log tracker, the alight reminder will be automatically suspended if you do not arrive at the concerned bus stop within two hours. You can reactivate the app to use this function. If you do not arrive at the concerned bus stop within 24 hours, the alight reminder will be automatically removed.
8. Point-to-Point search: Does Octopus Interchange Discount or Fare Concession included in the fare shown?
Yes, Fare shown in search result is Octopus Adult fare including Octopus discount or Bus-Bus Interchange concession (if applicable).
If you encounter any further problem when using this app, please contact our Customer Service Department at email@example.com for follow up.