Gorlickie - Sądeckie
Virus Free No Ads
The subject-matter of the application is focused mainly on the following issues:
- Atmospheric townlets: Stary Sącz, Biecz, Galician Town in Nowy Sącz;
- Culinary wealth: orchards, apples, plums, local cuisines, gourmet routes;
- Mineral waters – spas;
- Active tourism: mountains, rivers, lakes;
- Multiculturalism: Lachy, Pogorzans, Black and White Highlanders, Lemkovina;
- Cradle of the oil industry – oil trail in Gorlice, grease-making trail in Łosie, open-air museums in Gorlice and Libusza;
- Handicrafts - bobbin lace from Bobowa – capital city of lace-making as well as sculpture, embroidery, basket-making, papercraft;
- Cultural routes: Wooden Architecture Route, UNESCO Route of Monuments, WWI Frontline Route;
- Beekeeping – beekeeping holdings “Sądecki Bartnik” in Stróże, “Barć” Apiary in Kamianna;
- Rural tourism – thematic “Małopolska countryside fragrant with herbs”, “Małopolska countryside for senior citizens”, “Małopolska countryside for children”.
A very important feature of the application is the user geolocation – thanks to the GPS technology, people using the application may check not only their location, but also to see where a specific site may be found. It also contains a planner useful for visiting the selected sites. The application works online and offline on smartphones and mobile devices with the iOs and Android systems.
The application has been issued by the Małopolska Tourism Organisation, thanks to the funds from the Swiss project “Local initiatives for the regional development of the Gorlicki and Nowosądecki districts”. The application has been developed by Amistad Group based on the original Treespot technology.