Helicon Remote is a utility for tethered shooting and camera remote control compatible with all recent Nikon and Canon DSLR cameras (except for D3000 / D3100 / D3200 / D3300 / D3400 - these are NOT SUPPORTED. Full list of supported cameras below). Any other camera brand is NOT SUPPORTED.
The app can only be used on device with USB OTG (host mode) support. USB OTG adapter is required if your device doesn't have full size USB socket!
- Wi-Fi support (Nikon WT and Canon WFT modules, Canon 6D, Nikon D7100 etc.)
- Automated focus bracketing (focus bracketing, exposure bracketing and time lapse shooting can be combined in any way possible)
- Focus stacking result preview
- Extra long exposures (BULB mode) - up to 32 min (all Canon cameras, all Nikons EXCEPT D90, D300(s), D700, D5000, D5100, D7000, D3, D3S, D3X)
- Advanced exposure bracketing
- Image review
- Geotagging (on devices with GPS receiver)
- Full screen Live View
- Focus areas highlighting
- Live View noise averaging
- Time lapse shooting
- Video recording
- Burst (continuous) shooting
- Hyper focal distance and DOF calculator
- Live histogram (gray/RGB)
Please see http://www.heliconsoft.com/heliconsoft-products/helicon-remote/ for more information about the desktop version of Helicon Remote
- Android 4.0.3+
- USB host (also called USB OTG) support (USB OTG adapter is required if your device doesn't have full size USB socket). Note that some Android devices have limited USB support. Those will not detect cameras, even if they detect other devices like USB sticks or mice successfully. You can use this app to find out whether your device has full USB OTG support: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.tauruslabs.usbhostcheck
- Touch screen
Note: Motorola Droid phones need externally powered USB hub/dock station. Many HTC devices don't have USB host at all.
Canon: 1D Mark III, 1Ds Mark III, 1D Mark IV, 1D C, 1D X, 1D X Mark II, 5D Mark II, 5D Mark III, 5D Mark IV, 7D, 7D Mark II, 40D, 50D, 5DS, 5DS R (5DSR), 60D, 70D, 80D, 100D / SL1 / Kiss X7, 450D / Rebel XSi / Kiss X2, 500D / Rebel T1i / Kiss X3, 550D / Rebel T2i / Kiss X4, 600D / Rebel T3i / Kiss X5, 650D / Rebel T4i / Kiss X6, 700D / T5i / Kiss X7i, 750D / Rebel T6i / Kiss x8i, 760D / Rebel T6s / EOS 8000D, 1000D / Rebel XS / Kiss F, 1100D / Rebel T3 / Kiss X50, 1200D / T5 / Kiss X70, 1300D / Rebel T6 / Kiss X80
Nikon: D4, D4s D5, Df, D500, D600, D610, D750, D800/D800e, D810, D810A, D5000, D5100, D5200, D5300, D5500, D5600, D7000, D7100, D7200, D3, D3s, D3x, D700, D300/D300s, D90 (D3000 - D3300 are not supported).
- all Nikon cameras EXCEPT D90, D300(s), D700, D3, D3S, D3X, D5000, Df;
- all Canon cameras.
Limitations: free (unregistered) version does not allow shooting in raw format. A license can be purchased from http://heliconsoft.com or via menu/Register button from within Helicon Remote.