[Disclaimer: The NETGEAR Up app currently only works with certain routers and firmware versions. For more information, check the compatibility list below.]
The NETGEAR Up app makes it easy to set up and personalize your NETGEAR Nighthawk router. With the Up app, you can install your router in few steps - just connect your mobile device to the router network and the app will walk you through the rest. Once the router installation is complete, an intuitive dashboard provides access to the following key functionalities:
• Settings: Manage your router and its WiFi settings.
• Device List: View a list of devices connected to your network.
• Guest WiFi: Create a guest WiFi network and securely share your network details with friends and family.
• Parental Control: Enable Circle with Disney smart parental control on your NETGEAR router. Launch the Circle app from the Up app. Visit netgear.com/circle for a list of supported routers.
• Traffic Meter: View data usage.
• Speed Test: Test the internet speed of your service provider
• Support:: Access router information and the community forum
Features depending on the router model you own
Notes: You can still use web-based installation assistant to install the router by visiting routerlogin.net from a mobile device or computer that’s connected to the router.
Some of these features might not be supported on your router.
1. Nighthawk R9000 with firmware version 126.96.36.199 and above
2. Nighthawk R8900 with firmware version 188.8.131.52 and above
3. Nighthawk R8000P with firmware version 184.108.40.206 and above
4. Nighthawk R7900P with firmware version 220.127.116.11 and above
5. Nighthawk R7000P with firmware version 18.104.22.168 and above
6. Nighthawk R7000 with firmware version 22.214.171.124 and above
7. Nighthawk R6900P with firmware version 126.96.36.199 and above
8. Nighthawk R6900 with firmware version 188.8.131.52 and above