Nonograms Katana: Sharpen your mind!
Nonograms, also known as Hanjie, Griddlers, Picross, Japanese Crosswords, Japanese Puzzles, Pic-a-Pix, "Paint by numbers" and other names, are picture logic puzzles in which cells in a grid must be colored or left blank according to numbers at the side of the grid to reveal a hidden picture. The numbers are a form of discrete tomography that measures how many unbroken lines of filled-in squares there are in any given row or column. For example, a clue of "4 8 3" would mean there are sets of four, eight, and three filled squares, in that order, with at least one blank square between successive groups.
To solve a puzzle, one needs to determine which cells will be boxes and which will be empty. Determining which cells are to be left empty (called spaces) is as important as determining which to fill (called boxes). Later in the solving process, the spaces help determine where a clue (continuing block of boxes and a number in the legend) may spread. Solvers usually use a dot or a cross to mark cells they are certain are spaces.
It is also important never to guess. Only cells that can be determined by logic should be filled. If guessing, a single error can spread over the entire field and completely ruin the solution.
- 1001 nonograms
- All puzzles are free
- All puzzles tested by computer program and have unique logical solution
- Nonograms sorted by groups from 5x5 to 50x50
- Black-and-white and colored
- Create and share your own puzzles
- Download puzzles sent by other users
- Use both crosses and dots to mark cells
- Auto cross out numbers
- Auto fill line with 'X' when you mark last number
- Auto save every puzzle, if you stuck you can try another puzzle and come back later
- Customizable background
- Zoom and smooth scrolling
- Lockable number bars
- Lock current puzzle state, check assumptions
- Optional cursor for accurate picking
- Share result pictures on Facebook, Twitter and more
- Save game progress to the cloud
- Screen rotation support
- Tablet support
- No Ads
- Show Answer
- 5 extra hints per puzzle