You can make car/vehicle scanning and diagnostics using the application OBD Car Scanner and Bluetooth/Wi-Fi ELM327:
- scanning and reading basic information about car (vehicle) according to OBDII/OBD2 standard;
- making car (vehicle) diagnostics, reading and clearing trouble codes from the electronic control unit (ECU) which maintains OBD-II/OBD-2 standard;
- reading freeze frame data to have a look at the vehicle state in the moment when trouble code is appeared;
- reading live data (speed, RPM, engine coolant temperature, engine load, short/long term fuel trim, fuel and air pressure etc).
You are able to use next extra functions in the full version:
- it is all OBD2 trouble codes (errors) with descriptions;
- it is available more than 70 parameters, which is supported by OBD-II standard of your vehicle + the ability to view up to 5 live data parameters;
- freeze frame car diagnostics data is available without restrictions;
- more vehicle/car info.
Before buying make sure that the free version works good with your ELM 327 Bluetooth/WiFi adapter and your vehicle. Also make sure that you don't work in demo-mode (Check box 'Demo-mode' in App settings should be switched OFF)
When you are buying full version you support future development of the app. Thanks.
To have a look at the OBD Car Scanner application without scanning the vehicle, you can use the demonstration mode (in this case you don’t need ELM 327 bluetooth/wi-fi device that works according to OBDII/OBD-II protocol).
The OBD Car Scanner application supports reading several ECUs due to a car can contain not one electronic control unit.
Application OBD Car Scanner supports next OBD standarts:
1 OBD-II (OBD-2) as defined by the CARB
2 OBD as defined by the EPA
3 OBD and OBD-II (OBD-2)
5 EOBD (Europe)
6 EOBD and OBD-II (OBD-2)
7 EOBD and OBD
8 EOBD, OBD and OBD II (OBD 2)
9 JOBD (Japan)
10 JOBD and OBD II (OBD 2)
11 JOBD and EOBD
12 JOBD, EOBD, and OBD II (OBD 2)
To make a car diagnostic you should have also OBD ELM 327 Bluetooth/Wi-Fi adapter which is like:
- APOS BT OBD 327
- Elm CanII Bluetooth and WiFi
- OBDLink MX
- OBDLink LX
- OBDLink Bluetooth and WiFI
- ELM 327 Bluetooth and Wi-Fi v.1.5 or v 2.1.
- ELM327 mini Bluetooth and Wi-Fi v.1.5 or v 2.1.
The OBD Car Scanner application is under development now. Your feedback is highly appreciated.