Only for Samsung Galaxy S6, S6 Edge, S6 Edge+, S7, S7 Edge, S8, S8+ and Galaxy Note 4, Note 5 with Samsung GearVR headset
► This is Free version of [Play Cardboard app on Gear VR] application, work with Device Owner permission (Non Root) or Root permission
► Go Play Store market to download Cardboard apps (games). If it not work well with your Cardboard app (game), try to run with others and do following that game's instruction
☆ If you have a Samsung Gear VR headset, you might have noticed that the App store that comes with it has nice high-end games and applications. But not very many, and the prices are high compared to other mobile apps. Meanwhile, there are other a thousand apps and games for Google Cardboard.
☆ For Gear VR lovers, you can now use your Gear VR headset with Cardboard apps and games without launching the default Gear VR app. As a result, the Oculus Home app will not be auto-launched until you enable them again.
If your device is already Root, you can run it directly. If your device is Non-Root, setup following this instruction below (complicated):
1. Support Android 5.0+ only and make sure you know how to use adb clearly.
2. Go to [Settings], go [Accounts], then remove All Accounts
3. Enable Android Debugging mode of your phone
4. Run command "adb shell dpm set-device-owner com.kunkunsoft.rootcardboardenabler/.receiver.DPMReceiver" on your computer terminal
5. Reboot your phone, now you can add your accounts back and enjoy this app
(For Detail Instruction: https://kunkunsoft.wordpress.com/setup_device_owner_2)
✔ Switch between Samsung Gear VR apps and Google Cardboard apps by a simple click
✔ Home Screen Widget quickly to enable/disable Gear VR or Cardboard mode
✔ Advanced Mode to improve Motion Blur by enabling [Gear VR Developer Mode]
✔ Key Disabler Mode feature help you temporarily disable Home Key(support for Galaxy S7 Edge and some Samsung devices)
✔ Calibrate Cardboard apps Viewer - calibrate cardboard apps viewer (Screen to lens distance, Inter-lens distance, Distortion coefficients...etc) to work well with Samsung Gear VR with most comfortable VR experience.
✔ Run Youtube VR app on Samsung Gear VR
✔ Disable Oculus Home app from auto-loading
How to use:
- Run this application, then TAP ON the IMAGE of the platform that you want to run, Cardboard app (right-side) or Gear VR app (left-side)
- In Gear VR mode (only run GearVR app), when you put your phone into the Gear VR headset, no matter what app is currently playing, it will automatic switch you into the Gear VR starting space. It's a giant living room with the app selection screen.
- In Cardboard mode (only run Cardboard app), simply load up the app like the way you normally do, then put the phone in the headset. But now, instead of it switching into Gear VR mode, the app continues to run and you can play it. You can even use the trackpad for your button.
- Advanced mode, Key Disabler and Calibrate Cardboard apps Viewer are optional.
- In Non-Root mode, this application requires [android.permission.BIND_DEVICE_ADMIN] permission to work. If you want to remove this permission, open this application, click on [Menu] -> [Uninstall this app]
How to uninstall:
- Open this app, select [Menu] (3-dots at top-right corner) and click on [Uninstall this app] to uninstall
How to add Home screen Widget:
- Go Home screen, press and hold on Home screen for 1 or 2 seconds.
- Select WIDGETS tab, find [Run Cardboard apps on Gear VR] then drag and drop widget to Home screen
We would love to hear from our customers. If you have any problem, questions or feedback about this app please contact us at [firstname.lastname@example.org]