Practice languages with people across the world
- More than a billion people worldwide are learning a foreign language - but miss out on speaking practice. Enter Tandem, the mobile community where you can practice with language learners anytime, anywhere
- On Tandem, you are matched with language exchange partners so you can teach each other your native languages
- For example, you can learn Spanish from someone in Mexico City while they learn English from you - without you ever having to leave your bedroom
- With 150+ languages, more than 2500 language combinations and 1m+ members, there’s never been a better time to a learn a language with natives
The community is completely free and is based on the Tandem learning method - a scientifically proven technique where two people meet in person to teach each other their native languages. The Tandem app is the first bring this experience to everyone with a smartphone.
Communicating with your new language learning friends is super easy and you can choose via text, audio and video chat - whatever you feel most comfortable with!
Still not convinced? This is what the press say about us:
Techcrunch: “Charming language practice community”
Mashable: “Tandem aims to solve the problem for you by connecting you with a native speaker.”
Digital Trends: “Move onto the next level with your language”
Amongst many others, Tandem offers the following features:
- Personal matching with Tandem language partners
- Text chat
- Audio messages
- Picture messages
- Text correction feature
- Topic creation (so you can talk about what’s relevant to you)
- Professional tutors
So how does our app work?
Select the language(s) you want to learn in the app and we’ll do the rest. We only match you with partners that align with your language goals.
Share topics with our learning community so you can practice speaking about the things you really care about with people who share the same interests. Whether it’s Italian cars, or French wine, there’s always a new friend waiting to talk about it on Tandem.
‘Follow’ your partners to make sure you never miss each other when you could be practicing. This way, you can be speaking Russian in the morning, Korean over lunch and German before you go to bed at night!
If you need a little extra tuition, you might like to try Tandem Tutors. Tutors are certified language instructors who can offer 121 video chat lessons. Each Tutor sets their own availability and price, so you won’t find it difficult to find one that suits your schedule.
A Tandem exchange is the best way to learn, practice and speak a multitude of languages from around the globe. We have native speakers from all around the world who you can practice languages with. Our most popular languages to exchange are English, Spanish and Portuguese, but with so many languages covered for you get fluent in, we’ve got it covered!
Learning foreign languages doesn’t need to be difficult. Practice talking everyday with our app and you’ll be fluent in no time at all.
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TandemLanguageApp/
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TandemHQ
Tandem – Mobile Language Exchange is licensed by Tandem Fundazioa (http://tandemcity.info)