Learn Hiragana, Katakana and Kanji the simple way.
One sentence is display and you have to give the pronunciation of one of the sign.
If you click on the sentence you get the translation. You can also just browse the words of one given quiz and see their translation and their examples.
Check the parameters to adjust your experience.
A system of color let you know if you have already seen this sign or not and what is your current level knowledge on it.
If you like the application and want to support so I can continue to add content, you can donate whatever you want here:
This application is totally free and has been developed in my free time. I love learning Japanese, especially reading and vocabulary and couldn't find the expected tool to learn anywhere with my smartphone. So I decided to do it myself. After two years gathering information, vocabulary and programming, you can now use this tool to learn yourself. I really hope it will be useful to you has it is useful to me! I successfully passed my JLPT N5 last year and expect to pass the N4 this year!
When you will be learning Kanji, the signs you type will be directly transformed to hiragana while you type them. You don't need any Japanese keyboard; it is built in the application.
To help you you can download a TTS to be able to hear the words you are learning.
Yomikata's content is currently the following:
- All the Hiragana grouped in 11 quizzes for gradual learning
- Also 1 quiz containing 100 words in Hiragana
- All Katakana grouped in 11 quizzes
- 1 quiz containing 127 country name in Katakana
- 10 quiz containing 157 first easy Kanji... if we can call Kanji easy !
- 17 quizzes to learn counting different things in Japanese
- 7 quizzes containing most of the Kanji you will encounter if you try JLPT N5 !
- 8 quizzes containing most of the Kanji you will encounter if you try JLPT N4 !
- 10 quizzes containing most of the Kanji you will encounter if you try JLPT N3 !
More content will come with the time as I will update the application with JLPT N2, N1...
Thank you Nicolas Kraj for all the help on the graphical assets and for all the ideas !
Thank you! May you learn all the Kanji!